Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Olay Scrub Brush & St. Ives Apricot Scrub Facial Review

Okay, I'm not going to lie, I really want the expensive Clarisonic scrub brush - in pink no less. As you get to know me, I want to get my hands on everything and anything pink. It is between $119-225 for the brush. I wanted to make sure I would even like the scrub brush before spending a fortune. My father has said since I was young - scrubbing your face is the best remedy for pimples. He has used a "face buff" since I was young - he does have great skin. So I decided after 27 years maybe I'll listen to him. 
So I bought myself the Olay Scrub Brush as it fits into my budget I got it at Walmart for $30. The replacement brushes are $10. It comes with batteries and the face scrub. I noticed as I was looking the product up again they lowered the price to around $21! I use it every morning in the shower and then every evening before I go to bed. I do feel it is helping me feel extremely clean and making my skin look so much healthier.

Links where you can purchase the Olay Scrub Brush:
Olay Product Website - of course they have pink now! My luck :)
Walmart Link - $21
Amazon Link - $21

Replacement Brushes:
Walmart - $10 for 2 replacements
Amazon Link - $8Scrub Brush - has a low and "high" setting. I do wish that it went faster as I have extremely oily skin and would like my face to get a good beating from my scrub brush. I have it in my shower and use it every morning as well as at night before I go to bed.

Olay Regenerist Face scrub - has exfoliator in it but isn't abrasive and does not hurt your face. I like the face lotion that comes with it. Has a very fresh smelling scent - not too strong. It is expensive to replace $17 for 2 on Amazon, see link above.

Walmart brand Face Scrub - Equate Rejuvenating Daily Face Wash $7 online, but I got it in store for $3 - they have it on sale almost every week. It has an awesome scent, I feel it is a bit stronger with the exfoliating which is a feeling I enjoy. 


On Mondays, Wednesday, Fridays, in addition to using my scrub brush, I use the following facial scrub afterwards to intensive the cleansing process. ***This step is TOO much for people with sensitive skin, you would probably want to alternate the scrub brush and this cleanser each day instead of using both.*** This product is inexpensive and works awesome.
St. Ives Website
Amazon Link
Target Link

I have changed my facial routine a million times, so far this has been working for me. I am really excited as my blogging big, Bekah from Re-Solve is sending me some new products to try for combination skin. I cannot wait to try them and review them! Thanks Bekah!!!

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. I'm definitely curious about those brushes, but possibly too lazy. They also seem abrasive...then again, I haven't tried them. What I have tried and use every few days is this nifty little silicone scrubber from sephora. It costs pocket change but is gentle and gets into the pores as well. Plus, no batteries and easy cleanup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I MUST try this! I can't imagine forking over the 100+$$ for the brush, but if I try this one and love it, it will totally be worth the money!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you! Hope you like it. It really has been a great addition to my facial routine.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I love hearing from you. If you need anything please let me know mandymission@gmail.com