Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Blog Every Day in May: Struggling with

I'm struggling with: when do I tell my next boyfriend that I blog and share my personal info on the internet?

When I started this blog, I hadn't even thought about this, but as I am starting to date, NOTHING serious yet, I am still just seeing what is out there. I am unsure of when I let the new fling in on the fact that I have this tiny space on the internet. I have to say I have fallen in love with blogging. Meeting amazing, interesting, and caring people who have fabulous stories to share. Not to mention it is freeing to share my thoughts with everyone.

I know that the perfect man for me will be totally understanding, but not really sure how to bring up the conversation and make sure they are okay with it! I would love your insight. How did you tell your significant other you were already a blogger or wanted to be? What can I say you all know way more than me in this life!! Hope you are having a great week.

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. Hopefully when you meet, if they are at all interested in you, they will ask about your career and hobbies. Just throw it in there. It's nothing embarrassing. You're writing, journaling, networking.:D I don't think it will be a big deal...and really, if they don't like it for any reason and you've told them up front, it's good to know you've avoided wasting more time on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is why I think the world of you! You give the best advice. Thanks Bekah.

      Delete
  2. Becca nailed it! That's exactly what I did with my hubby. We talked about hobbies and I mentioned I blogged and did journalism. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Bekah! Don't force it. Let it come up naturally in conversation. I had to learn a lot about how much to share about my blog, especially because I began with blogging anonymously. Then the next biggest lesson was that some people just will never GET blogging, and that's okay too. I wanted everyone who knew to read it, comment, love it as much as I did, but that isn't realistic. Like with any relationship, some interests and hobbies will be shared, but others not.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I love hearing from you. If you need anything please let me know mandymission@gmail.com