Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to my amazingly beautiful Mother! I am not sure she knows how to view my blog :) But that is okay, I love her just the same. I have to tell you the story of how my mother found me.

My parents were married for 15 years before I came into the picture. They tried everything to have kids and in the 80s it was much more expensive and equally as frustrating than as it is now if you are struggling with infertility. My mom wanted a baby so badly and finally said to God on December 1st 1985 that she couldn't fight this battle anymore by herself, it had to be in his plan. Luckily, on December 19th my 16 year old biological mother wasn't ready to care of me and put me up for adoption. That afternoon - I was born in the morning, my parents were called as asked if they were ready for a baby. I lived with my biological grandmother for a week before I went to foster care. On January 16th 1986, my parents went to the court house and I was legally theirs. The rest of the story is history. I have been blessed with the most amazing mother ever. She isn't biologically mine, but I know that she was God's plan for me. The battle or nature vs. nurture, I am a case in point that I am totally my parents child. The majority of my strengths are theirs, I get my organizational skills from my mom, my boldness and opinionated self from my dad. I stand firm on my beliefs like both of my parents. 

I wouldn't want to be anyone else.

Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. Great story! One of my brothers-in-law as well as my high school best friend are both adopted. I am all for adoption and love hearing about great ones such as this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I love this!! What a inspiring story of love.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I love hearing from you. If you need anything please let me know mandymission@gmail.com