"DO OR DO NOT... THERE IS NOT TRY!"
Besides the fact that I love star wars, this quote could not be more true. I have always been one of those people who puts 115% into everything that I do. I have a competitive nature, always want to do my best and work hard. I think that is why I love my job and feel like I get to do so much for my students. I'm blessed to have an amazing boss who supports me in my crazy ventures and so far ALL of them have been successful!
Examples: I'm not one to boost or brag but I'm really excited about these!
- Each school day my students will have dinner provided to them for 2013-2014 School Year
- I have 10 Business Partners that are each contributing $1,000 to our program that is $10,000 (Background: we are loosing $7,000 for the program from budget cuts and we haven't been re-approved for our grant which is $100,000 each year - we won't know til August but want to be prepared that they could say NO!)
- Due to our intervention plans after-school, so far and hopefully I won't ginx it, we have had a 95% pass rate on our standardized tests were last year we were at 75% pass rate
- I have 8 fundraisers - one for each month of school- planned so our students can experience more, receive more, and have a summer program to keep them out of trouble
- We have tripled our attendance this year, my goal is to double it again next year
- Adding more community events to the calendar to bring the families together
Please pray for Oklahoma! My family is there and are having lots to do. Your prayers will do more than you know!
Until next time...