Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Favorite Childhood Book & Thanking my Favorite Teacher!

Rekah from Re-Solve inspired me to write a post about my favorite childhood books! I loved reading when I was a kid, I always read before bed. One of my favorites:

Goosebumps
This was the first Goosebumps book I ever read. If you remember, Nickelodeon came out with a TV show based on the books which we would watch on Friday Night sleepovers. It was fabulous. I googled it and found some episodes, check out the link.

What else I loved about this series, R.L. Stine came out with choose your own ending:
 They were the best books ever! I look at these books with such fond memories and remembering teachers that I loved! 

In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week: My Favorite Elementary School Teacher was Miss Kriz. She was my 4th grade teacher and I still think the world of her. My friends and I would go to school in August to help her set up her classroom. She inspired me to become a teacher. She was tough and had high expectations, which we always rose to because we wanted to impress her. I got my first F in her class, I then studied further with her - she taught me how to study effectively for me and ended up getting an A on my retake. When I was in 6th grade, her boyfriend proposed to her at SCHOOL, which we all thought was the most amazing thing in the world. I was lucky to be invited to her wedding ceremony, which of course I wouldn't miss, it is the first wedding that I remember going to. I still have the photo of all my friends at her wedding. She had the prettiest handwriting and always played with us at recess. She now has 4 children who go to an Elementary School in my district. I went to the schools 5K this year so I could see them all. It is so awesome to still be close with people who made such an impact on my life. Thank you Miss Kriz for molding my life and making me the educator that I am today!

Until next time...

5 comments:

  1. hehehe.....goosebumps was another book that I wondered who would be the first to say it. They were the "it" book to read in middle school. I read most and giggled at how cheesy they were, but of course read them all anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've NEVER read a Goosebumps book :) My brothers loved them but I was always too chicken to read them, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post!! would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin?
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I love hearing from you. If you need anything please let me know mandymission@gmail.com