Thursday, May 9, 2013

Migraines and Weather


If you are in the Washington, DC area, you know by now that this entire week it is cold and rainy. The weathermen in this area have the best job, 8 times out of 10 they are wrong about the weather but they continue to get paid and do their job. That is amazing! I do appreciate them, don't mistake my sarcasm. :)

Between allergies, weather changes, and stress - I get horrible migraines. The kind where you cannot look at the light, you throw up, my head feels like it is going to fall off, and pretty much all I want to do is sleep. They are probably the most frustrating thing. 

Here is what I have tried to fix my migraines:

  • Cut down drinking caffeine - actually caffeine helps them
  • Cut down chocolate - a small dark chocolate a day is good for you
  • Went on special diet - no gluten
  •  Have taken countless medications
  • Get a massage once a month to relieve neck tension
  • Chiropractor crack once a month
  • Prescription Tylenol
  • Migraine Diary - what was I eating, stress level, weather, woman cycle, etc.
They all seem to help but I do still get them, and cannot put my finger on exactly what triggers them. So I do everything I can to try to avoid them. If you are a suffer I would love to hear what you do to get rid of them :)

Until next time...



2 comments:

  1. Oh don't I know it. My head was miserable yesterday with the weather and I was all sniffles this morning. I DO love the chiropractor though...just can't always afford him. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found one that takes my insurance so it is only a copay! Hope you are feeling better!!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! I love hearing from you. If you need anything please let me know mandymission@gmail.com