Sunday, April 28, 2013

When do you kiss? - Dating Update - Sunday

This above picture is from a google search. But wow does this girl get good kisses or what?

Okay so I have gone on a couple of dates with a couple of different people. And I am wondering how long I have until the expectation is that I am going to kiss them. I did a google search and various forums and articles came up. I have to say I hate when on the forums people say, "When it feels right" or "It is up to you". That doesn't make me feel better. I am trying to figure this dating thing out now that I am "old" on the dating world standards. 

Not to mention, am I supposed to be practicing my kissing skills or is it like riding a bike. It has been 9 years since I have kissed a new person, this is extremely scary. I feel that the first kiss tells a lot. Are we compatible? Do we have chemistry? Are they sloppy? No one likes tons of spit. 

Plus, this kissing thing is like the first stage of your relationship I feel, determining if you want to be exclusive with the person. And that brings up another scary question, "Am I ready to be exclusive with someone again?" I know in my heart I want marriage and a family, but when you have been hurt before and twice in a row, it makes it difficult to jump right back into it.

Your advice is always welcome! As you can tell I have NO idea what I am doing and going with the flow is sometimes hard to do :) I'll keep you posted.

Until next time...
  

2 comments:

  1. They are right. It's when you're ready. It's not an issue with a mathematical formula. Do you even like the person enough to want to kiss them? Do they respect you? If you don't want to, don't bother. If you are doing it just because they expect it but you aren't feeling it, don't bother. It has to go both ways. Stressing about it won't be of much help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said it much better than them!! :) The respect thing is huge and I'm glad you mentioned that part!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I love hearing from you. If you need anything please let me know mandymission@gmail.com