Sunday, April 28, 2013

When do you kiss? - Dating Update - Sunday

This above picture is from a google search. But wow does this girl get good kisses or what?

Okay so I have gone on a couple of dates with a couple of different people. And I am wondering how long I have until the expectation is that I am going to kiss them. I did a google search and various forums and articles came up. I have to say I hate when on the forums people say, "When it feels right" or "It is up to you". That doesn't make me feel better. I am trying to figure this dating thing out now that I am "old" on the dating world standards. 

Not to mention, am I supposed to be practicing my kissing skills or is it like riding a bike. It has been 9 years since I have kissed a new person, this is extremely scary. I feel that the first kiss tells a lot. Are we compatible? Do we have chemistry? Are they sloppy? No one likes tons of spit. 

Plus, this kissing thing is like the first stage of your relationship I feel, determining if you want to be exclusive with the person. And that brings up another scary question, "Am I ready to be exclusive with someone again?" I know in my heart I want marriage and a family, but when you have been hurt before and twice in a row, it makes it difficult to jump right back into it.

Your advice is always welcome! As you can tell I have NO idea what I am doing and going with the flow is sometimes hard to do :) I'll keep you posted.

Until next time...