Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sunday Dating Update


Today I need to talk about dating rules. It has been 9 years since I have dated and I have no idea what is acceptable or what is going on in the dating world. Plus I was 18 when I last dated, things are very different now that I am 27.

I got inspired when I started watching of course another reality tv show, "Ready for Love" which is on NBC. It is awesome and done with matchmakers which is unlike Bachelor/Bachelorette that just pick random people. 

The male matchmaker made a statement that rang home to me. He said, "Girls ask me all the time, I keep attracting the wrong men, why?" His answer seems so simple, "For the guys you aren't interested in, you do not waiver on your morals and standards, for the guy you find attractive, you want to be close to them, so you will bend your morals and standards to get them to like you. You don't need to do this. Guys find you attractive when you are confident."

Things I have learned not to do:

  • Don't respond to text messages right away, take your time with your responses
  • You don't always have to say yes to everything they want to do or every date they want to take you on
  • You do NOT need to see the guy every day
  • If your gut is telling you RUN or it doesn't feel right, do not push it, politely say thank you and run the other direction
  • Be myself, I'm not here to play games, I'm here to learn about someone and hopefully fall in love.
  • It is okay to go out with someone who doesn't look like Channing Tatum. Sometimes I forget not everyone looks like him. haha - I know very shallow, but that is what I am attracted to.
Any advice from you is always welcome! Believe you me, I need it.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I love hearing from you. If you need anything please let me know mandymission@gmail.com