Friday, April 5, 2013

Friday Fun Day!

This was the longest week ever! 

We had the Flippin' Pizza Truck for a fundraiser come to the school, which was awesome. The pizza was really good, they came to us, no clean up, nothing I really had to plan, except the logistics of when students would get their pizza! 
*****If you are looking for a fundraiser at an event you already have planned, I def recommend this as an option. $3 slices, $6 2 slices and a drink, $20 pies. 


A World War II vet who was present in Normandy on D-Day, came and spoke with students, his name is Roger. We had 350 students come to view his presentation. The students sat, listened, laughed, cried, took pictures of him, with him, it was truly inspirational. They really appreciated him and liked his story. What can I say I love history and love/am so proud of our military for what they have done for us. Makes a coordinator and teacher very happy! Here is the poem he ended the presentation with which melted my heart.
fineartamerica.com

IT IS THE SOLDIER
It is the Soldier, not the minister
Who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the Soldier, not the reporter
Who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the Soldier, not the poet
Who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the Soldier, not the campus organizer
Who has given us freedom to protest.

It is the Soldier, not the lawyer
Who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the Soldier, not the politician
Who has given us the right to vote.

It is the Soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves beneath the flag,
And whose coffin is draped by the flag,
Who allows the protester to burn the flag.



Tonight I am meeting my mom's physical therapist. I haven't shared this with you all yet, but when I was with my ex for 8 years, all of our friends ended up becoming the same. We didn't really have separate friends anymore. When I broke up with him I felt it was only fair to not make anyone choose between him or me, so I told them to stay friends with him. Obviously, this was really tough and hurt, plus it made me loose trust in people because other things happened at the same time, which I won't share since they are personal. So, my mom has a physical therapist that is my age and she thought we would become great friends. We are meeting up for dinner which I hope is awesome. I have been needing some new girls that are my friends in my life. You cannot replace girl-time. I will keep you posted on how it goes!!! This is a first step for me working on my trust issues.

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I love hearing from you. If you need anything please let me know mandymission@gmail.com