Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Education Tuesday: CHICKS!!!!


And I am not talking about the kind that you pick up at a bar, I am talking about chickens, that hatch from eggs. Yes, I am in charge of the Embryology After-School Program this year. AHHHHHH! I went to the training today, so much to do for this and I am nervous, I don't want to kill them.

I am trying to find a couple of students who will help me with this project through out the 25 days that I will have them. This training said if you have a 50% hatch rate, you have been successful. 50% - this lady does not know me, 50% is FAILING as any good teacher would say. I cannot fail at raising a chicks for 25 days. I won't be able to live with myself.

I hatched chickens last in the 3rd grade with my teacher Mrs. Fisher. I am surprised that I remember this but I do. I completely forgot the life-cycle and for those of you in the same boat as I, the picture is below. 
found from a google search.

I am going to busy like crazy this week, teaching myself the life cycle again, learning how to care for these eggs, finding/cleaning my incubator, and figuring out how I am going to make this work for 3 weekends in a row taking these little chicklets home with me.

Hopefully, the first week of May I will be showing you photos like this courtesy of google.com
Somehow I don't think mine will be this cute when they first hatch. And I hope they don't bite me.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I love hearing from you. If you need anything please let me know mandymission@gmail.com