Sunday, July 7, 2013

Shed! Part 1

So this four day weekend, my family and I have been working on a shed for my parent's backyard, we have built it from scratch. Let me tell you this has taken DIY to a new level for me. All of my projects have been on a small scale and just for fun. This shed has been a long time in the making. My parents laid the concrete it is sitting on about 12 years ago. Now that my dad is retired, he has time to actually do things that he wants, and building things are one of those fun things he enjoys doing on a regular basis. 

Here is Shed Part #1 photo: This is looking from our deck down to it.

The floor is concrete, we made the walls out of wood, and the sides are sheets of concrete - they are 50 pounds each - let me tell you those pump classes have really been paying off. The roof is going to be the hardest part, along with putting in the door. 

I have to say all in all, I have learned SO much from this project, not to mention - shhhh don't tell my dad - I actually enjoyed it. The sweat, a little blood, and hammering does a body good.

What projects are you working on this summer?

Until next time...


1 comment:

  1. I mean, you got a free workout and all....it was hot though!!! Hope you drank a ton of water. I was guzzling the stuff down during our getaway and still think I'm a little on the dehydrated side...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I love hearing from you. If you need anything please let me know mandymission@gmail.com