Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I guess I'm not so athletic.....

So clumsy is an understatement for me.... Let me set this up for you. 1st inning, 1st girl up to bat is the beautiful and talented... ME. Okay talented in the softball sense is not really true. In my head I am telling myself to hit everything, because let's be real here, if I don't swing at everything I'll never ever hit it. First pitch, I swing and I hit it, pretty far for me. The running  begins, I trip over my own feet and slide into 1st base. My team mates think I am doing this on purpose. I started to let them believe it but my fabulous best friend knew I tripped over myself, called me out, and laughed at me. Okay, I deserved it. My battle scares include the photo below, skinned up legs, cut up arm and a sprained hand. I am struggling to type this post right now.


I'm so good at softball they made me catcher. For those of you who know nothing about softball, this is where you put your worst player. They can't really screw things up. I did catch a ball at home plate and get someone out. Next time I am going to make it all around the bases.

So needless to say, today I am feeling like an old fart who needs advil and ice on my hand. Thank God I have a week to recover, I am definitely going to need it. Gooooooo clumsy people, we rock.

Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. nice! sprained hand? not wrist or finger but hand? weird. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and yay for hitting the ball! I'm challenged in that area too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I love hearing from you. If you need anything please let me know mandymission@gmail.com