Today my neighbors and I had an AWESOME garage sale. I live on a circle so we all decided to have a garage sale and get rid of all that junk I have sitting in my basement that is collecting dust. Here is what I sold:
- PURSES - this was the hot item
- Beauty Products that I have never used
- Cell phones - I had a ton of old cell phones with the chargers
- Cords - USBs most popular
- Play Station 2 with games
We made $500. We made this in 3 and half hours. I wish I made that much in my job. We didn't really have any large purchases, except the Play Station 2 - I had gotten it as a going to college present and I made used it 10 times. It got swept away in 5 minutes I'm not kidding.
Places to post your garage sale:
- Yard Sale Search
- Yard Sale Net
- App to use if you are looking for garage sales: Yard Sale Mapper (FREE)
*****Suggestions on posting for your garage sale:
- BE SPECIFIC on what items you are selling
- Post pictures if you can, especially of items you are wanting to get rid of furniture/toys.
- People are happy to come check it out but many people had a mission and came looking for specifics. The play station sold in 5 minutes because I posted it specifically.
***** Suggestions on organizing your items for sale:
- For electronic items I put them in baggies and labeled them. The cell phones had the phone with charger.
- Of course put like items together.
- Clothing items I put up a bar and hung everything, including the purses at first - I actually suggest putting them out on a table people liked being able to look at them and touch them.
- Flip flops were a HOT item - I had a bunch I only wore 1 time so everyone wanted them.
**** Other lessons learned:
- In the morning or when you open have your prices higher people will pay that price. Lower the prices as the day goes on.
- Some people will want to negotiate with you so if your price is a bit higher than you are wanting, you will get the price you are desiring.
- I was surprised most people did not negotiate.
- Multi-family is the way to go, so if you want to have one ask your neighbors, I definitely feel more people came because they could look at more than one sale at a time.
- Have CHANGE!!! This was so helpful - thank you mom for thinking of this.
- Find a neighbor with a truck - all of the items we didn't sell we took to my church who does a hand out service to families in need. They were so excited to get this stuff - or good will or whoever you want!
Until next time...