Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My Grandma!

It is still hard for me to believe that it has been almost 2 years since my grandmother went to heaven. I am so lucky to have a voicemail from her that I still have on my iphone. I keep telling myself I need to get that saved somewhere so I don't loose it. 

Why I miss my grandmother so much still to this day? I saw her body deteriorate and take her last breath. This is truly something you never forget. She was a beautiful person, she always wrote cards to people - never forgot a birthday, anniversary, birth, wedding, or anything like that EVER!, she was an awesome cook, never judged a soul - always loved you regardless of your decision, she only got mad at my grandfather - those two could bicker and it was so hilarious - was it bad I would laugh at them probably. I went to my grandmother with EVERYTHING, I knew I could tell her everything and she wouldn't judge me or tell me not to do something, just her opinion. She is actually why I broke up with my ex, in one of our last conversations she told me she knew I wasn't really happy with him and I needed to follow my heart and be happy - I deserve it. Thinking about that conversation brings a tear to my eye - she knows me so well. I still dream of her often - usually when I do I see her as her high school photo which I think is weird since I didn't know her when she was in high school and only saw one picture. 

I think of her often and listen to her voicemail still daily. I won't lie sometimes I even "talk" to her in the car when I'm frustrated wishing I would get a response from her.

Love you grandma always!

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. The photo part reminds me of the book "heaven is for real." Have you read it? The kid meets his grandfather but sees him at his young age.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! I love hearing from you. If you need anything please let me know mandymission@gmail.com