Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My Grandma!

It is still hard for me to believe that it has been almost 2 years since my grandmother went to heaven. I am so lucky to have a voicemail from her that I still have on my iphone. I keep telling myself I need to get that saved somewhere so I don't loose it. 

Why I miss my grandmother so much still to this day? I saw her body deteriorate and take her last breath. This is truly something you never forget. She was a beautiful person, she always wrote cards to people - never forgot a birthday, anniversary, birth, wedding, or anything like that EVER!, she was an awesome cook, never judged a soul - always loved you regardless of your decision, she only got mad at my grandfather - those two could bicker and it was so hilarious - was it bad I would laugh at them probably. I went to my grandmother with EVERYTHING, I knew I could tell her everything and she wouldn't judge me or tell me not to do something, just her opinion. She is actually why I broke up with my ex, in one of our last conversations she told me she knew I wasn't really happy with him and I needed to follow my heart and be happy - I deserve it. Thinking about that conversation brings a tear to my eye - she knows me so well. I still dream of her often - usually when I do I see her as her high school photo which I think is weird since I didn't know her when she was in high school and only saw one picture. 

I think of her often and listen to her voicemail still daily. I won't lie sometimes I even "talk" to her in the car when I'm frustrated wishing I would get a response from her.

Love you grandma always!

Until next time...