Saturday, January 11, 2014

Happiness Project #1


I ordered my book on Amazon and it hasn't come yet :( So I resorted to the internet for getting myself started. This search brought me to "The Happiness Project - Getting Started" from the author website. 

Step 1: Identify your Aims:
- What makes you feel good? What gives you joy, energy, fun? Working makes me feel good. I get joy in being successful, helping others, and spending time with my family or friends. I get my energy from working out - I love my fitness classes. Fun is doing and trying new things in the area.

- What makes you feel bad? What brings you anger, guilt, boredom, dread? I always feel bad when I have a ton of things I know I need to get done. I get anger when people act stupid. I feel guilty when I cannot help someone with something. I am bored when I am not busy. I dread dealing with certain people at work.

- What makes you feel right? What values do you want your life to reflect? I am a Christian so I want to be an example of the 10 commandments and what Jesus stood for. I try to treat others the way I want to be treated and give back to my community.

- How can you build an atmosphere of growth - where you learn, explore, build, teach, and help? I am in the education field so these are easier to work with. I am constantly taking Professional Development courses. I enjoy challenging myself and learning new things so I am always reading and researching various topics.

Step 2: Make & Track:
- Make resolutions that are concrete and manageable. I am drafting ideas up on this. I looked at the chart example they have as a download. It has 8 resolutions each month that you should track yourself for doing. Here are my ideas for January:
1.  Use my To Do List.
2.  Pick out my outfits the night before.
3.  Give myself 1 hour of cell phone free time in the evening.
4.  Work out 5 times a week.
5.  Pack my lunch.
6.  Send Happy Notes/Thank You to a coworker a day.
7.  Update my schedule daily.
8.  Arrive and Leave work at your scheduled time. Don't work extra.
- Track your resolutions. Gave an example but also made my own with the same concept. I'm very excited to see how I do this month and start reading the book.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I love hearing from you. If you need anything please let me know mandymission@gmail.com